We all long to feel heard and understood. When you’re going through a difficult time, being able to process your emotions with someone is incredibly healing. I look forward to walking alongside you in this journey and hearing about your experience. I practice therapy from an open, affirming perspective that places you at the center. As you come to my office, I hope you’ll find a safe, creative space to bring your whole self.
I have experience working with adults, and couples. Previously, I have worked with families who have experienced homelessness and trauma. I earned my Master’s Degree from the University of St. Thomas in Counseling Psychology. I am currently under supervision while working towards clinical licensure. I grew up in the mountains of North Carolina and still love hiking. When I am not practicing therapy, I can be found trying delicious new foods or playing with my lovable, misbehaving dog.
- M.A in Counseling Psychology from the University of Saint Thomas
- Melrose Center- Mental Health Practitioner
- The Interprofessional Center for Counseling and Legal Services- Practicum
- Solid Ground-Volunteer Program Manager
Specialties & Issues
- Chronic Illness
- Eating Disorders
- Gender and Sexuality
- Life Transitions
CARE’s Clinicians are In-Network with a variety of providers including:
BCBS – Blue Cross Blue Shield
MHCP – MA
– Additionally, Out of Network & Out of Pocket options are available.
Understanding research and the root cause of common psychological issues is a great first step to creating a healthier you!
- – Educational Justice
- – Understanding PTSD
- – Negative Thinking
- – The Impact of Trauma on Your Body: Fight or Flight PDF
- – What is Trauma and How Can Therapy Help? Trauma Handout
- – Hardwiring Happiness
- – How to Combat Negative Thinking: Combat Negative Thinking PDF
"Great counseling center that has very focused care. They make you feel comfortable and it's in the heart of uptown."
"Highly recommend. Andrea and team made us feel comfortable confident. Very unique space and comfortable space was a plus for our son."
"Friendly staff. Nice offices. Conveniently located."