Unexpected loss. Infidelity in relationships. Paralyzing feeling of being stuck. Fears that no one will be able to understand you, or worse, be able to help you. These are all reasons why I would like to talk with you about how to maneuver the challenges that come with being human.
I specialize in working with adults, couples, non-monogamous relationships, and families, traditional and non-traditional. I come from a communication and conflict resolution background, this knowledge and experience uniquely positions me to help clients repair relationships or negotiate boundaries for healthier ways of relating with others.
My approach explores thoughts and beliefs, while understanding how they shape our day-to-day life. Using both insight into your life experience and skill-building techniques, I work with you to meet your goals for healthy relationships and a fulfilled sense of life purpose.
My interest areas are working with people on repairing relationships after infidelity, supporting non-traditional relationships, reducing anxiety and depression, and navigating through the stages of life.
- Masters in Counseling Psychology, University of St. Thomas, Minneapolis, MN – 2020 (expected)
- Masters in Communication, Culture and Technology, Georgetown University, Washington, DC – 2002
- BA in English & Political Science, Minor in Spanish, University of South Dakota, Vermillion, SD – 1996
- Care Counseling Clinical Trainee
Specialties & Issues
- Adult Women
- Adult Men
- Marriage / Divorce / Step Families
- Nonmonogamy / Open relationships
- Gender identity
- Conflict Resolution
- Anxiety & Depression
- Grief After Loss
- Adjustments and Transitions
CARE’s Clinicians are In-Network with a variety of providers including:
BCBS – Blue Cross Blue Shield
MHCP – MA
– Additionally, Out of Network & Out of Pocket options are available.
Understanding research and the root cause of common psychological issues is a great first step to creating a healthier you!
- – Understanding PTSD
- – Negative Thinking
- – The Impact of Trauma on Your Body: Fight or Flight PDF
- – What is Trauma and How Can Therapy Help? Trauma Handout
- – Hardwiring Happiness
- – How to Combat Negative Thinking: Combat Negative Thinking PDF
"Great counseling center that has very focused care. They make you feel comfortable and it's in the heart of uptown."
"Highly recommend. Andrea and team made us feel comfortable confident. Very unique space and comfortable space was a plus for our son."
"Friendly staff. Nice offices. Conveniently located."