I appreciate the courage it takes to be vulnerable and allow someone to hear your story. We all need an emotionally safe, non-judgmental space to connect, explore, and learn about oursevles. I believe you are the expert in your life and I can provide that space to guide you on your journey of self-awareness and healing.
I use an individualized, strength-based approach to help you identify problematic patterns and strengths while developing healthy coping skills in order to move towards growth and desired change. I enjoy working with adolescents and their families allowing them the space to explore their ever-changing worlds, big ideas, and learn to manage their emotions that so often control their lives. I value the unique stories everyone tells and welcome any adults or adolescents interested in exploring the variety of challenges life may offer.
- M.A. – St. Mary’s University of MN
- B.A. – University of Minnesota – Twin Cities
- Headway School-based outpatient therapy
- Fairview Adolescent Crisis Stabilization
- Phoenix Recovery Programs dual-diagnosis residential treatment center
Specialties & Issues
- Adolescents or adults
- Life transitions
- Family therapy
- Substance abuse
- family conflict
- Issues of sexuality and gender
CARE’s Clinicians are In-Network with a variety of providers including:
BCBS – Blue Cross Blue Shield
MHCP – MA
– Additionally, Out of Network & Out of Pocket options are available.
Understanding research and the root cause of common psychological issues is a great first step to creating a healthier you!
What is Trauma and How Can Therapy Help? Trauma Handout
- Combat Negative Thinking PDF
- Daring Greatly by Brene Brown
- Esther Perel
- Hardwiring Happiness
- How to Combat Negative Thinking: Combat Negative Thinking PDF
- The Body Keeps the Score: Brain, Mind, and Body in the Healing of Trauma by Bessel van der Kolk
- The Noonday Demon: an Atlas of Depression by Andrew Solomon
- The Impact of Trauma on Your Body: Fight or Flight PDF
"Great counseling center that has very focused care. They make you feel comfortable and it's in the heart of uptown."
"Highly recommend. Andrea and team made us feel comfortable confident. Very unique space and comfortable space was a plus for our son."
"Friendly staff. Nice offices. Conveniently located."