What is your story? How often do you feel heard? If you’re human, your story is complicated, beautiful, messy, and real. Every person deserves to feel heard and understood. Therapy can be a safe space to tell, process, and re-write your story, no matter how complicated or difficult. I will listen to your story without judgment and will work with you to develop a plan of healing and growth for you that is as unique as your own story.
I believe that you are the expert in your own experience. As your clinician, I will look to your values as a guide in co-creating goals with you to help you move toward healing.
My approach is narrative, strengths-based, and incorporates mindfulness and somatic techniques. My practice is also informed by my experience in forestry, environmental education, and vocal coaching. I work with youth and adults under the supervision of a licensed professional clinical counselor.
- M.A. in Counseling and Student Personnel Psychology, University of Minnesota (In progress)
- Environmental Education Certificate – Hamline University
- B.S. in Forest Resources, University of Minnesota
- Clinical trainee at CARE Counseling (current)
Specialties & Issues
- LGBTQ+ concerns
- Somatic work
- Stress management
- Vocal expression
CARE’s Clinicians are In-Network with a variety of providers including:
BCBS – Blue Cross Blue Shield
MHCP – MA
– Additionally, Out of Network & Out of Pocket options are available.
Understanding research and the root cause of common psychological issues is a great first step to creating a healthier you!
- – Understanding PTSD
- – Negative Thinking
- – The Impact of Trauma on Your Body: Fight or Flight PDF
- – What is Trauma and How Can Therapy Help? Trauma Handout
- – Hardwiring Happiness
- – How to Combat Negative Thinking: Combat Negative Thinking PDF
"Great counseling center that has very focused care. They make you feel comfortable and it's in the heart of uptown."
"Highly recommend. Andrea and team made us feel comfortable confident. Very unique space and comfortable space was a plus for our son."
"Friendly staff. Nice offices. Conveniently located."