Finding yourself at a loss of what to do, where to turn, or how to help your child likely feels defeating. Reaching out shouldn’t be awkward and embarrassing. We will work together to create a safe space to explore and overcome your struggles.
I enthusiastically work to relate to kids and parents. Pulling from experience in residential, in-home, and school settings, I strive to help children, teens, and adults feel seen, valued, and accepted. Finding the best approach for you and meeting you with empathy and energy is my passion.
I’m excited to talk and play with you on your journey through big emotions, challenging events, and painful memories. Therapy is a beautiful process of enhancing your voice and working on living your best life- no matter if you are 6 or 56!
I am currently pursuing my Master’s degree in Social Work and am under the licensed supervision of a clinical social worker.
- BA, College of Saint Benedict
- Currently pursuing MSW, Augsburg University
- St. Paul Public Schools (Practicum)
- Nystrom & Associates
- LTD. Children’s Therapeutic Services & Supports
- Volunteers of America Residential Treatment
Specialties & Issues
- Children & Adolescents
- Trauma and PTSD
- Behavioral Issues
- Coping Skills
- Personality Disorders
- Social Skills
CARE’s Clinicians are In-Network with a variety of providers including:
BCBS – Blue Cross Blue Shield
MHCP – MA
– Additionally, Out of Network & Out of Pocket options are available.
- 5 Love Languages
- Strengths Finder 2.0
- Love and Logic
- The Whole-Brain Child
- Julia Cook books (Amazon)
- MN Association for Children’s Mental Health
- Yoga Calm
- Mindful Kids: Activities for Calm, Focus, & Peace
- What is Trauma and How can Therapy Help (handout, found on Mara’s page)
- Parent Advocacy Coalition for Educational Rights (PACER)
- Self-Compassion (www.self-compassion.org)
- Essential Oils and The Brain (https://www.aromatools.com/
2000 Aldrich Ave S
"Great counseling center that has very focused care. They make you feel comfortable and it's in the heart of uptown."
"Highly recommend. Andrea and team made us feel comfortable confident. Very unique space and comfortable space was a plus for our son."
"Friendly staff. Nice offices. Conveniently located."