Life is not a steady constant, when change happens too quickly or without enough support it can be overwhelming. You may start to feel unsure of your decisions, become preoccupied or worry about the future and feel stuck. Regaining confidence and getting unstuck can take a deep dive into finding and reclaiming “You!”
As a mental health professional I take a client centered and psychodynamic approach to walking along side patients as they work towards building a satisfying life. I view patients as the expert while offering them support through clinical reflection and insight building activities. I obtained the professional license of LICSW in 2013. After working in the field several years I felt compelled to return to the university setting to further my knowledge and skills to better serve people.
I am currently a doctoral student in the counseling psychology program at the university of St. Thomas. I look forward to creating sacred space with patients where they feel comfortable to explore all parts of themselves and build strong self perception.
- BA- Psychology (Missouri University of Science & Technology)
- MSW- Clinical Social Work (University of St. Thomas/ St. Catherine’s University)
- M.Ed (University of St. Thomas)
- Psy.D in Counseling Psychology University of St. Thomas (expected graduation 2022)
- Mental Health Practitioner (Carlson Drake House) IRTS facility
- Clinical Internship (East Metro Women’s Council) DBT groups
- Evening therapist (180 Degrees)
- Evening therapist (Arubah Emotional Health Services)
- LICSW (Board of Social Work since 2013)
Specialties & Issues
- Life transitions
- Racial trauma
- Cultural concerns
CARE’s Clinicians are In-Network with a variety of providers including:
BCBS – Blue Cross Blue Shield
MHCP – MA
– Additionally, Out of Network & Out of Pocket options are available.
Understanding research and the root cause of common psychological issues is a great first step to creating a healthier you!
- – Understanding PTSD
- – Negative Thinking
- – The Impact of Trauma on Your Body: Fight or Flight PDF
- – What is Trauma and How Can Therapy Help? Trauma Handout
- – Hardwiring Happiness
- – How to Combat Negative Thinking: Combat Negative Thinking PDF
"Great counseling center that has very focused care. They make you feel comfortable and it's in the heart of uptown."
"Highly recommend. Andrea and team made us feel comfortable confident. Very unique space and comfortable space was a plus for our son."
"Friendly staff. Nice offices. Conveniently located."