It’s common to feel as though you are alone and disconnected from the world when you have lost someone you love, go through a major life transition, have forgotten what it’s like to be happy, or can’t stop worrying. A strong connection lies at the heart of a positive therapeutic relationship and is critical to helping you move forward. In therapy, we can work together to reduce the distance and help you feel more connected to others and to yourself. You are the expert on your own life, and in our work together, we will collaborate to help you make the changes you want for your life. I create a warm, safe space that gives you room to experience and process intense emotions and address patterns in your life that are not currently working for you. In our sessions together, you will have an opportunity to focus on personal growth and self-improvement in an environment free from judgment. I will help you find your inherent resilience and reconnect with your inner resources while offering additional coping skills that support you in living your authentic life.
I have experience working with individuals from a variety of racial and cultural backgrounds, and I am an LGBT+ affirmative therapist. I approach therapy from a position of cultural humility, meaning that I will approach our work with curiosity, centering your values in our work together. I am interested in getting to know you as a whole person; in our time together, we will focus on solutions that make sense for you in the context of your life story. I am passionate about meeting people where they are, and I am skilled at identifying starting points and goals along our path to helping you live the life you want.
- M.A. in Counseling and Student Personnel Psychology at the University of Minnesota (in progress)
- M.A. in Family Social Science at the University of Minnesota
- B.S. in Physics and Psychology from Middle Tennessee State University
- Previous experience includes working with individuals with a history of trauma, mood disorders, anxiety disorders, and grief following the death of a loved one. I have worked with individuals from a variety of racial/ethnic and socioeconomic backgrounds, including immigrants and refugees.
Specialties & Issues
- Grief and Loss
- Guilt and Shame
- Gender and Sexuality
- LGBT+ Issues
- Personal Growth
- Stress Management
- Suicidal Ideation
CARE’s Clinicians are In-Network with a variety of providers including:
BCBS – Blue Cross Blue Shield
MHCP – MA
– Additionally, Out of Network & Out of Pocket options are available.
Understanding research and the root cause of common psychological issues is a great first step to creating a healthier you!
- – Understanding PTSD
- – Negative Thinking
- – The Impact of Trauma on Your Body: Fight or Flight PDF
- – What is Trauma and How Can Therapy Help? Trauma Handout
- – Hardwiring Happiness
- – How to Combat Negative Thinking: Combat Negative Thinking PDF
"Great counseling center that has very focused care. They make you feel comfortable and it's in the heart of uptown."
"Highly recommend. Andrea and team made us feel comfortable confident. Very unique space and comfortable space was a plus for our son."
"Friendly staff. Nice offices. Conveniently located."