I am a licensed psychologist who is committed to helping youth, adults, and families acquire the tools necessary to achieve personal growth and development. When faced with pain and suffering, we all develop ways to minimize impact. We are all sensitive to the difficulties, challenges, and transitions in our lives, are capable of working on these difficulties, and have the ability to change, grow, and find balance. I believe therapeutic relationships support us in accepting our current self and allow us to find added meaning in our lives. The main focus of my practice is to collaboratively develop short- and long-term goals and work towards them in a safe, supportive environment.
I use evidence-based practices for a range of issues such as depression, anxiety, life transitions, substance use and work-life balance struggles. Additionally, I have specialized training in working with youth and adults struggling with a range of eating concerns, including body image dissatisfaction and problematic eating patterns.
I value a client-centered approach to therapy given that unconditional positive regard, empathy, and genuine support are essential components of change and resilience. Each journey is a personal one, and I work collaboratively with clients to provide a customized and comprehensive treatment plan that meets their unique needs.
- PsyD in Counseling Psychology from University of St. Thomas
- MA in Counseling Psychology from University of St. Thomas
- BS in Biology from United States Air Force Academy
- The Emily Program (Doctoral Internship and Postdoctoral Fellowship)
- University of Minnesota Children’s Hospital
- University of Minnesota Student Counseling Center
- Interprofessional Center for Counseling and Legal Services, University of Saint Thomas
- Ramsey County Children’s Crisis Response and Project Assist
- Children’s Residential Treatment Center
Specialties & Issues
- Disordered Eating
- Substance Use
- Mood Disorders
- Grief and Loss
- Guilt and Shame
- Self-worth and Confidence
- Coping Skills
- Relationship Issues
- Adjustment/Life Transition
- Suicidal Ideation
CARE’s Clinicians are In-Network with a variety of providers including:
BCBS – Blue Cross Blue Shield
MHCP – MA
– Additionally, Out of Network & Out of Pocket options are available.
Understanding research and the root cause of common psychological issues is a great first step to creating a healthier you!
- – Understanding PTSD
- – Negative Thinking
- – The Impact of Trauma on Your Body: Fight or Flight PDF
- – What is Trauma and How Can Therapy Help? Trauma Handout
- – Hardwiring Happiness
- – How to Combat Negative Thinking: Combat Negative Thinking PDF
"Great counseling center that has very focused care. They make you feel comfortable and it's in the heart of uptown."
"Highly recommend. Andrea and team made us feel comfortable confident. Very unique space and comfortable space was a plus for our son."
"Friendly staff. Nice offices. Conveniently located."