Life is not picture perfect, regardless of what our social media posts display. Behind the scenes, we may feel judged to share the imperfections life may bring. We experience challenging transitions and changes that can be overwhelming to navigate. It can be difficult to understand the many expectations that may be placed on us. “Who am I?, Where do I belong?, Where am I headed?” are some questions that might have cross your mind.
I value creating a non-judgmental, empathetic, and collaborative space for you to feel welcome and for your story to be heard. I am passionate about working with young adults experiencing transitional changes brought on by college or career choices. I have experiences working with college students and adults struggling to balance life expectations and finding their identities. I believe that it is important to incorporate personal values, strengths, culture, religion, and sexuality into understanding your worldview.
I have been previously trained in dialectical behavior therapy (DBT). I find it important to be flexible according to your needs. Additional approaches to therapy I may use include cognitive behavioral, humanistic, relational cultural, and mindfulness perspectives. I speak Urdu and Hindi can provide services in either.
As a doctoral level student, I work under the supervision of a Licensed Psychologist. I have a Master’s degree in Counseling Psychology from the University of St. Thomas and am working towards my Doctorate of Psychology.
- Psy.D. in Counseling Psychology (University of St. Thomas, Expected: 2022)
- M.A. in Counseling Psychology (University of St. Thomas, 2018)
- B.A. in Psychology (Purdue University Fort Wayne, 2014)
- Interprofessional Center (last practicum)
- Wabash Valley Alliance (Lafayette, IN)
Specialties & Issues
- Coping Skills
- Racial and Cultural Concerns
- Muslim Mental Health
CARE’s Clinicians are In-Network with a variety of providers including:
BCBS – Blue Cross Blue Shield
MHCP – MA
– Additionally, Out of Network & Out of Pocket options are available.
Understanding research and the root cause of common psychological issues is a great first step to creating a healthier you!
- – Understanding PTSD
- – Negative Thinking
- – The Impact of Trauma on Your Body: Fight or Flight PDF
- – What is Trauma and How Can Therapy Help? Trauma Handout
- – Hardwiring Happiness
- – How to Combat Negative Thinking: Combat Negative Thinking PDF
"Great counseling center that has very focused care. They make you feel comfortable and it's in the heart of uptown."
"Highly recommend. Andrea and team made us feel comfortable confident. Very unique space and comfortable space was a plus for our son."
"Friendly staff. Nice offices. Conveniently located."