Having someone to talk to can make a world of a difference. When going through a difficult, confusing, or stressful time, therapy can be a helpful place to feel heard, supported, and less alone. I’m Greta, and at CARE Counseling my focus is to provide a warm and comfortable setting where together we can navigate your story.
My approach is driven by respect, and I’m passionate about honoring your experience. When working together, I’ll listen to your individual story so that we can collaboratively create a unique plan that will work best for you or your family. I believe that thoughts, feelings, and behaviors play an important role in personal struggles, and will pay attention to how these are impacting your current situation. In my approach, I also incorporate encouragement, positivity, and hope for the future.
I work with adolescents and adults who are facing a variety of concerns, challenges, or transitions. I have prior experience working with individuals of all ages who are struggling with eating disorders, anxiety, depression, and substance use. I’ve also worked with adolescents facing problems at school and with peers.
I grew up in Central Minnesota and then moved to the Twin Cities for college. I earned my undergraduate degree in neuroscience from the University of Saint Thomas. Currently, I’m a graduate student attending the University of Saint Thomas for a Master of Arts in counseling psychology. I’m excited to be completing my practicum with CARE Counseling, and am receiving supervision during this process.
- MA. Counseling Psychology (In Progress), University of St. Thomas – Minneapolis
- B.S. Neuroscience, University of St. Thomas – Saint Paul
- CARE Counseling – Practicum (Current).
- Melrose Center – Behavioral Health Practitioner.
Specialties & Issues
- Life transitions
- Coping skills
- Eating disorders
CARE’s Clinicians are In-Network with a variety of providers including:
BCBS – Blue Cross Blue Shield
MHCP – MA
– Additionally, Out of Network & Out of Pocket options are available.
- National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI) https://www.nami.org
- National Eating Disorders Association (NEDA) https://www.nationaleatingdisorders.org
- Information on Yoga for Anxiety, Depression, and Stress https://www.health.harvard.edu/mind-and-mood/yoga-for-anxiety-and-depression
- Yoga Poses https://www.doyouyoga.com/top-5-yoga-poses-for-stress-relief-92409/
2000 Aldrich Ave S
"Great counseling center that has very focused care. They make you feel comfortable and it's in the heart of uptown."
"Highly recommend. Andrea and team made us feel comfortable confident. Very unique space and comfortable space was a plus for our son."
"Friendly staff. Nice offices. Conveniently located."