We don’t often get to choose the things that happen to us or our children, but my aim in counseling is to empower you to respond and discover meaning in the midst of life’s challenges, grief, and suffering. The environment I create is one of safety, openness, and trust. It is my ambition to help you slow down, to digest the world around you, and have an honest dialogue about your context, culture, beliefs, and personal experiences. Our work together will, among the other goals we create, help you understand yourself and your child more fully with a measure of compassion and grace and equip you with the necessary tools to move forward with resilience in our fast-paced world.
No matter your situation, I will meet you where you and your family are at. My door is open to children, families, adults, and couples. My particular knowledge base includes child development, childhood trauma, family dynamics, perinatal health, faith, spirituality, and people in and from different walks of life. My experience includes working with children who have social-emotional challenges and histories of trauma. Additionally, my work has extended to couples and adults who have faced trauma, relational difficulties, and challenges adjusting to life transitions. I am insightful, warm, compassionate, and I love to laugh. I use these strengths in my interactions with all people, and especially with the people and families I serve. I am certified in PREPARE/ENRICH, Developmental Repair, and Psychological First Aid. My education history includes a B.S. from the University of Minnesota in Family Social Science and I am currently enrolled in the Master of Arts in Marriage and Family Therapy program at Saint Mary’s University of Minnesota.
- Bachelor’s of Science in Family Social Science University of Minnesota – Twin Cities
- Master of Arts in Marriage and Family Therapy Saint Mary’s University of Minnesota
- Family Focused Early Childhood Group (Day Treatment service) – Washburn Center for Children
- PREPARE/ENRICH Premarital Counselor – Hope Community Church
- Community Practicum – Parkdale Therapy Group
Specialties & Issues
- Guilt and shame
- Faith and Spirituality
CARE’s Clinicians are In-Network with a variety of providers including:
BCBS – Blue Cross Blue Shield
MHCP – MA
– Additionally, Out of Network & Out of Pocket options are available.
Understanding research and the root cause of common psychological issues is a great first step to creating a healthier you!
- – Understanding PTSD
- – Negative Thinking
- – The Impact of Trauma on Your Body: Fight or Flight PDF
- – What is Trauma and How Can Therapy Help? Trauma Handout
- – Hardwiring Happiness
- – How to Combat Negative Thinking: Combat Negative Thinking PDF
"Great counseling center that has very focused care. They make you feel comfortable and it's in the heart of uptown."
"Highly recommend. Andrea and team made us feel comfortable confident. Very unique space and comfortable space was a plus for our son."
"Friendly staff. Nice offices. Conveniently located."