Sometimes it can feel like we are drowning in our own hopelessness, irritability, and stress of life. But these things do not have to get the last word. Instead, we can be empowered to respond, discover meaning, and find healing in the midst of life’s griefs and challenges. The space we create will help you to slow down and process the world around you. Our work together will help you understand yourself more fully with a measure of compassion and equip you with the necessary tools to move forward with resilience in our fast-paced world.
Working with adults: Our stories can weigh heavily on our shoulders. Therapy exists to help reduce the weight life’s substantial burdens through building a relationship based on safety, openness, and trust. My experience with adults has extended to individuals and couples who struggle with relational difficulties, trauma, depression, anxiety, questions of spirituality, and adjustment to life transitions.
Working with children: My work with children and adolescents focuses on building confidence and security while strengthening the parent-child relationship. My knowledge base includes child development, social concerns, emotional and behavioral challenges, and trauma.
Working with parents: If you feel like you are pouring out of an empty cup, you are not alone. In the midst of being overwhelmed with parenting, of feeling like you and your co-parent on entirely different pages, of being confused about your emotions after birth, it is my aim to come alongside you to help you find what fills your cup.
I am a Marriage and Family Therapy Clinical Trainee, currently under supervision and working towards licensure. I am certified in PREPARE/ENRICH premarital therapy, Developmental Repair, and Psychological First Aid.
- Bachelor’s of Science in Family Social Science University of Minnesota – Twin Cities
- Master of Arts in Marriage and Family Therapy Saint Mary’s University of Minnesota
- Family Focused Early Childhood Group (Day Treatment service) – Washburn Center for Children
- PREPARE/ENRICH Premarital Counselor – Hope Community Church
- Community Practicum – Parkdale Therapy Group
Specialties & Issues
- Guilt and shame
- Faith and Spirituality
CARE’s Clinicians are In-Network with a variety of providers including:
BCBS – Blue Cross Blue Shield
MHCP – MA
– Additionally, Out of Network & Out of Pocket options are available.
Understanding research and the root cause of common psychological issues is a great first step to creating a healthier you!
- – Understanding PTSD
- – Negative Thinking
- – The Impact of Trauma on Your Body: Fight or Flight PDF
- – What is Trauma and How Can Therapy Help? Trauma Handout
- – Hardwiring Happiness
- – How to Combat Negative Thinking: Combat Negative Thinking PDF
"Great counseling center that has very focused care. They make you feel comfortable and it's in the heart of uptown."
"Highly recommend. Andrea and team made us feel comfortable confident. Very unique space and comfortable space was a plus for our son."
"Friendly staff. Nice offices. Conveniently located."